A few weeks ago, I was reading the LA Times Travel section when I saw a little blurb about a collapsible crate. I checked out the website and decided I had to try them. I like my reusable shopping bags, but I would like my own shopping baskets much more- especially ones that collapse when not in use. I ordered 2 baskets and started using them the moment they arrived. They are only 15″ long by 10″ wide but they hold more than I expected. I use them every day now for multiple things. I love them! My kids love them! People who see me with them are impressed and ask where I got them.
Here is how I use them:
- Shopping– in the grocery store for small loads, I get to use my basket from start to finish. A gallon of milk, 4 boxes of yogurt, and some fruits and vegetables all fit in my basket at my last visit to Trader Joes. The cashier thought the basket was cool. For big loads, I just have them collapsed in the cart for check-out.
- Farmer’s Market– no need for any bags or worrying that my strawberries will get squished. All my fruits and vegetables fit perfectly.
- Errands– library books, dry cleaning, merchandise returns, letters to be mailed. It all goes in a basket and then into my car for doing.
- Kids– waters, snacks, sweaters, toys, books- it all fits in the basket. My daughters already know if they want to take it in the car- put it in the basket. When we are leaving the car- everything that came out of the basket goes back in it and we take it in the house.
- Home– toys migrate to every room. We use the baskets to return toys to their correct home. When my older daughter cleans her room, she puts all her little sister’s toys in a basket to put back in the right room.
Cleaver Crates also come in larger sizes (without handles) to use for your other storage needs. There are many sizes and colors to choose from. They are all portable and stackable. I have been using these for bigger jobs and they are great too!
I haven’t had these baskets long- and I wonder how I lived without them. There is something very comforting about having a place to easily put everything I need to remember for the next day. It is a portable launching pad. A convenient way to shop. An easy way to carry more than can fit in your hands. I bought two- and I need more. At $9.99 each- they are well worth it. I think I’ll be giving away a lot of these around the holidays!